The Very Reverend Vicars General have authorized the Reverend Director to place and keep the Blessed Sacrament in the chapel of the Congregation.
This special favour that Our Lord has seen fit to extend to the congregants has been received with the liveliest gratitude. This sentiment made itself tangibly evident with a show of great emotion when the Reverend Director brought them to understand the inestimable advantages when he addressed them briefly before the distribution of Holy Communion which the great majority of the congregants received on that memorable day with a tender devotion.
Dating from that day, there will always be three congregants in adoration before the Blessed Sacrament on Sundays and Thursdays during such time as the chapel is not occupied by the Congregation. They will relieve each other every half-hour in the order prescribed by the list to be placed at the chapel door.

Diary of the Youth Congregation, 24 July 1814, O.W. XVI

This entry was posted in DIARY and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *