|“Eugene de Mazenod was a man passionately in love with Jesus Christ and unconditionally committed to the Church.”
Eugene’s passionate love for Jesus Christ the Savior was the lens through which he perceived everything. It was from this vantage point that he understood the Church as the Body of the Savior, the People of God. It was this vision of unconditional commitment that he communicated to us:
Constitution 6 of our Oblate Rule of Life invites us to unconditional commitment to the Church in widening spheres.
Firstly, to see our Church leaders as given to us by the Savior in order to fulfil our mission in communion with them.
Thereafter, in communion with the local church of which we form a part. The look of the Savior then leads us to work at living in unity with all who follow Jesus Christ, in their various expressions.
Finally, we are invited to recognize the values of God as expressed by those who do not know Jesus Christ. Our relationship with the Church is expressed in the full constitution reproduced here:
Our love for the Church inspires us to fulfil our mission in communion with the pastors whom the Lord has given to his people; we accept loyally, with an enlightened faith, the guidance and teachings of the successors of Peter and the Apostles.
CC&RR, Constitution 6
“When God transforms the life of just one leader, that leader can transform a church. When one church is transformed, you can transform a community. And when enough churches are thriving, you can affect a region, a country, and eventually the entire world with the positive, life-changing power of Jesus Christ and the redeeming and restoring work of his people.” Bill Hybels
- PAUSE EXTENDED TO JULY 5
- THE MAZENODIAN FAMILY UNITES WITH POPE FRANCIS TO PRAY TODAY
- JOIN THE MAZENODIAN FAMILY IN PRAYER
- IF YOU HAVE FAILED IN A TRIAL SO WEAK AS THIS, WHAT WILL YOU DO IN THE MIDST OF THE OBSTACLES OF A DIFFICULT MISSION?
- THOSE WHO HAVE THE HABIT OF COMPLAINING WHEN IT IS A MATTER OF THEIR PERSONAL PREFERENCE
- IF YOU HAVE FAILED IN A TRIAL SO WEAK AS THIS, WHAT WILL YOU DO IN THE MIDST OF THE OBSTACLES OF A DIFFICULT MISSION? on
- THOSE WHO HAVE THE HABIT OF COMPLAINING WHEN IT IS A MATTER OF THEIR PERSONAL PREFERENCE on
- LAITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE OBLATES IN MISSION AND IN SPIRITUAL BENEFITS on
- THE GENEROSITY OF OUR LAY ASSOCIATES on
- OUR DUTY IN RESPONSE TO THIS REMARKABLE FAVOUR IS TO NEGLECT NOTHING IN TRAINING RELIGIOUS WHO ARE FIT TO SERVE THE CHURCH AND SOCIETY on